White Bread. White bread typically refers to breads made from wheat flour from which the bran and the germ layers have been removed (and set aside) from the whole wheatberry as part of the flour grinding or milling process, producing a light-colored flour. A delicious bread with a very light center with crunchy crust. You may substitute butter or vegetable oil for the lard if you wish.
Yes—just become a Communist, and things get all right. This fluffy country white sandwich bread is the perfect soft sandwich loaf. This homemade version of your favorite store bought fluffy bread is so much better with fewer ingredients! You can have White Bread using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Bread
- Prepare of Wet Ingredients.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Warm Water.
- You need 2 tsp of Active Dry Yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tb of Vegetable Oil.
- It’s of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 4 cups of Flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Sugar.
White bread, on the other hand, is processed so that only the endosperm is intact. This basically strips the wheat berry of the majority of its nutrition so that all you're left with is the starchy layer that gives. White bread doesn't exactly have the best reputation as far as nutritional value is concerned. Nowadays, white bread is nothing more than a nutritional pariah.
White Bread step by step
- Add the yeast and 1 tsp sugar to the warm water and let sit for 10 mins..
- Mix the dry ingredients together until blended completely..
- Add the oil to the yeast mixture..
- Add the yeast mixture to the dry ingredients and blend. You may need to add a slight bit more water if dough ball is too dry..
- Let the dough sit covered for 20 minutes..
- Knead the dough and cover for 1 hour to let rise..
- Knead and shape into loaves. Let rise covered for 1 more hour..
- Preheat the oven to 375° then bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown..
- Remove from oven, cover top of bread with a butter glaze. Wait 10 minutes to let dough set, and serve!.
This white bread recipe is my husband Nick's favorite. He makes most of the bread at our house. Anytime is the right time for a comforting slice of homemade bread. Do you know how to knead? Do you know when to stop kneading?