Naan Bread Without Yeast. This quick naan recipe requires no yeast — so you don't need to let it rise, and can have naan in a jiffy! This recipe is great if you're in a pinch without yeast, but if you want a fluffier (arguably more authentic) version of naan, check out my regular Naan recipe! This instant naan recipe made without yeast gives you soft, puffy, pillow-y bread with beautiful brown blisters.
With yeast – naan is also made with yeast and I also make these on occasions. I have one more recipe of Naan where they have really puffed up like Pita bread but they are made with all-purpose flour (maida) and yeast. For me naan bread has always been an integral part of a good curry feast and that is where this Easy Naan Bread Without Yeast recipe comes in. You can have Naan Bread Without Yeast using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Naan Bread Without Yeast
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 4 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need of Water in a bowl (as needed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 of garlic minced.
- Prepare of Parsley.
This recipe is adapted from Bake It Better – Bread * by Linda Collister – wonderful little book out of the entire series of books inspired by The Great British. After stocking up on a bunch of pantry friendly ingredients, I found myself to have a plethora of self-rising flour. In this recipe, we don't bake the naan bread but instead, dry fry it (pan fry it without oil). This makes is SO much quicker.
Naan Bread Without Yeast step by step
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl..
- Make a well in the dry ingredients..
- Add milk and oil in well..
- Mix until you are able to form a ball. I used my hands to do the mixing. If you are finding the dough to still be dry, dip you hands in the bowl of water and continue to work in the dough until you are able to form a ball..
- Remove dough from bowl and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. Took me about 7 minutes..
- Divide into dough balls. I made 10 balls with this recipe. Let them rest for 10 minutes..
- Melt some butter in a skillet over medium heat..
- Roll out ball of dough using a roller until thin (like making tortillas)..
- Cook one at a time in the skillet for about 90 seconds on each side or until slightly brown spots appear..
- Repeat for each ball..
- Optional. Melt butter, minced garlic and parsley. Brush on top of each Naan bread..
- Not baad for a quick recipe. Made some butter chicken and brussel sprout salad to go with these. Enjoy!.
Naan bread is an Indian flat bread that resembles a pita bread. Usually, it is prepared by leaving yeast in it for several hours, so that it can rise and soften. But if you are conscious about your health and do not want to use yoghurt or yeast in it, then here at OneHowTo.com, you will learn how to make naan. How to make Tawa Naan Recipe (No Oven No Yeast) by Kitchen With Amna. A Step by Step Complete Recipe of Naan without Tandoor and Yeast.