Bread Pudding (For leftover breads). We've got ideas for stunning recipes made from regular sliced bread, or seasonal types like panetonne, stollen and hot Discover inventive ways to use up leftover bread. We have various takes on bread & butter pudding, French toast, bruschetta and great ideas for. I had biscuits leftover from dinner the other night (we just aren't a bread eating family) but I didn't want to waste them so I made Bread Pudding using.
I like to eat mine warm with a dollop of whipped cream.but my husband eats his cold with a scoop of ice cream! It was first known as a "poor man's pudding" as it was made from stale leftover bread that was simply moistened in water, to which a little sugar, spices and other ingredients were added. The best part about this bread pudding? You can cook Bread Pudding (For leftover breads) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding (For leftover breads)
- It’s 6 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk (12oz).
- It’s 1 can of condensed milk (14oz).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon rind.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need half of loaf bread.
- Prepare 1 cup of raisins or nuts (optional).
It's tasty for dessert and just as good for breakfast! So be sure to double the recipe! You'll see a great technique for making sure the bread has soaked up the egg mixture. Watch the video, then get ELLENMARIE's top-rated recipe for Bread Pudding II.
Bread Pudding (For leftover breads) step by step
- Mix all ingredients except the bread and nuts.
- Pre Heat oven 200 degrees for 10-15mins.
- Brush the pan with the butter.
- Slice the loaf bread into cubes and put it in the pan.
- Pour the mixture and make sure that all bread will get soaked.
- Put on top the nuts or raisins.
- Cover it with foil to avoin burning the top of the pudding.
- Put it in the oven for 45mins using baine marie (Pan in another pan with water).
- After 45 mins, check if the pudding is still wet and put it back in the oven for another 10 mins..
The layers of cakey bread, cinnamon, and chocolate meld into an easy, tasty bread pudding that would be perfect with a dollop of whipped cream. When you've eaten your fill and can't imagine chewing one more spiraled slice, you can make leftover babka into something new. Save money by turning leftover bread into a delicious dessert. Instead of tossing it or turning into bread crumbs, we turn it into something delicious that's perfect for breakfast or dessert. I have a bag of bread in my freezer that I want to use to make bread pudding, but I am not sure if it will work.