Chickpea flat bread. Chickpea flour is full of protein, but no gluten proteins. It needs more time to hydrate than all-purpose flour, which is why most. This spiced flat bread makes me feel like chickpea flour and whole wheat flour are on mission to keep me healthy and full longer.
That recipe, as well as today's, came directly from our time in a comfortable Provencal. This is a simple recipe for a grain-free flatbread. We're calling this a Chickpea Flatbread, but the consistency and shape is a lot like a crepe. You can have Chickpea flat bread using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chickpea flat bread
- You need 1/2 cup of chickpea flour (also known as gram flour, besan, or kabab.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- It’s of Spray oil to coat the pan.
Unlike a traditional crepe, though, this one's made with nutrient-dense chickpea. How To Make Socca French flat Bread (chickpea flour) Guy's Socca flat bread recipe is so simple to make, it's essentially a large chickpea pancake! Extremely quick and easy naturally gluten free flat bread that goes great with a dip and some olives. These gluten-free flatbreads are easy to throw together and can be frozen in batches.
Chickpea flat bread instructions
- In a medium bowl combine the chickpea flour, water, salt, pepper and olive oil. Whisk with a fork until a medium thick batter forms. You don't want it to be too watery, but it shouldn't be too thick either. Depending on your brand of chickpea flour you may have to adjust and add in more water, but do so one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached..
- Lightly spray the pan with oil and allow to heat on a medium flame before adding in half the batter. Swirl it around slightly to spread and cook on low heat until the edges start to brown and the top has firmed up, roughly 3 minutes. Flip over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat for the remainder of the batter..
- Tip: These are meal prep friendly – you can definitely double or triple the batch and make extra to freeze and use later as you would normal flatbread throughout the week. They re-heat brilliantly. Adding a pinch of herbs de provence (or whatever herbs you like) is a great way to spice up the base. You can make this without the added oil in the batter if you so wish, but definitely make sure you’re using a non-stick or ceramic pan otherwise things will get a bit messy!.
Serve with your choice of topping (each topping is enough for four flatbreads). Socca bread, or chickpea flatbread is fluffy and flavourful, and super versatile. Cut into triangles and use for dipping. Or make it a pizza with your favourite toppings. This easy socca recipe is not only.