Savory Bread Pudding. These dishes, known also as strata, can be rich, but they are just as satisfying when made with low-fat milk. The formula works well for any number of cooked vegetables tossed with stale bread and mixed. Bread pudding doesn't have to be limited to dessert, though.
Although simple, our secret to this custard-y entrée is making it with soft white sandwich bread; a pain de mie, with its straight sides and tighter. Just think of this as strata gone wild. Kamileon has concocted a rich, custardy bread pudding containing everything but the kitchen sink. You can cook Savory Bread Pudding using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savory Bread Pudding
- Prepare 10 slices of white bread, cut into rectangles.
- It’s 135 grams of cheddar, cut into super small cubes.
- You need 50 grams of butter.
- You need 1 of large (+- 200 grams) onion, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 200 grams of ground beef.
- You need 15 grams of parsley, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 6 of large eggs.
- It’s 1.2 liters of half-and-half.
- You need of Scallion/parsley/green onion for garnish.
This Savory Bread Pudding recipe is the perfect Thanksgiving dish. Savory Rosemary Bread Pudding. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Bread pudding, an economical dish designed to use up stale bread, is most often associated with dessert. It's equally comforting turned savory, enriched with cheese and studded with vegetables.
Savory Bread Pudding instructions
- Prepare all of your ingredients.
- Melt the butter on a pan on low-medium heat then add the onion. Cook on medium-high heat until the onion starts to smell.
- Add the ground beef on top of the onion. I prefer to do it neatly so everything will be cooked at the same time.
- When the beef is browned, add the garlic parsley, dried basil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp peper.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs then add the half-and-half and the remaining salt and pepper. Whisk everything well to turn it into you egg custard.
- Prepare two 20×20 aluminum foil or a large baking dish and line them with butter. Prepare the bread, the cheese, the beef mixture, and the custard on your range.
- Stack the bread, sprinkle some cheese, then the beef mixture.
- Repeat twice or three times until your baking dish is full. Pour the custard evenly, then leave for a few minutes to soak. You can also make it overheads, cover the dish with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge overnight while waiting for your guests to come.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Pop the dish in the oven for 45-55 minutes until the bread at the top looks golden and crispy.
Bread pudding is a gem of a main dish, and frugal to boot. This savory bread pudding is filled with bacon, peppers, spinach, and cheese, making it an easy one-dish Savory bread pudding is an easy way to make guests sigh with content, whether at breakfast. Savory Bread Pudding is similar to Brioche, Roasted Vegetable and Ricotta Cheese Galette and Caramelized Onion and Rosemary Focaccia because of incorporation of the veggies. Bread pudding need not be sweet! Here, a savory version full of spinach and cheese works on a brunch buffet or as a casual dinner.