Japanese Potato Salad. Japanese Potato Salad (ポテトサラダ) is a little different from typical versions of American potato salad. The potatoes are roughly mashed, so it's kind of like mashed potatoes with all the colorful. It may look like American potato salad, but wait until you taste it. [Photos: Shao Z.] Japanese versions of Western dishes, known as yōshoku cuisine, may look like the originals that inspired them.
Japanese potato salad is like semi-mashed potatoes mixed with vegetables, ham, egg and mayonnaise. Peel potatoes and cut into small pieces. Try out this Japanese potato salad, and we promise that you will not be disappointed. You can cook Japanese Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Potato Salad
- Prepare 250 g of Potato.
- It’s 15 g of Onion.
- It’s 1/4 of Carrot, thinly sliced and boil.
- It’s 1/4 of Cucumber, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 Slices of Ham, cut into small square pieces.
- Prepare 50 g of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 Dashes of Black Pepper.
Japanese potato salad: a creamy potato salad of partially mashed potatoes dotted with crunchy carrots, cucumbers and scallions, and tossed with a zesty mustard-vinegar-mayo dressing. Japanese Potato Salad is the perfect dish to bring to your next holiday party! These potatoes combine the best of a classic mash and a potato salad, with a little secret dash of vinegar. This Japanese-style potato salad recipe is sharper, brighter and crunchier than mayo-laden the ones you might find in the grocery store—and it's easy to make.
Japanese Potato Salad step by step
- Boil potatoes with skin until cooked.
- Mix Mayo with sugar and black pepper and set aside.
- Peel hot potato using towel,break with spatula and add salt and onions while hot, mix well and let it cool.
- Then mix with cucumber, ham, carrot, mayo..
- Chill in the fridge and enjoy :).
Japanese potato salad has a mild, creamy flavor, with no acidic undertone; unlike American or German style potato salads, no vinegar is used. It's seasoned only with salt and a little pepper. A basic Japanese potato salad that is creamy and delicious. With tips and tricks to create the perfect salad. And with optional add-ons to customize your salad.