Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. Indian-Style Rice with Cashews, Raisins and Turmeric. If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmolded on to a decorative serving plate, and then garnished with fresh cilantro and.. Cold Rice Salad, Cold Rice Salad, Cold Thai Rice Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce And Cashews.
Curry Rice Salad with Artichokes loosely based on Cold Rice Salad from San. Remove from heat and stir wild rice with bell pepper mixture. Add dressing ingredients and shake well. You can cook Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped apple.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- Prepare 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need of Yogurt (optional).
Salad Recipe-Apple and Pomegranate Chicken Salad. Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing. Combine rice, chicken, celery, onions, lemon juice, and nuts. Add salad dressing and mix lightly.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style step by step
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard, and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped cashews, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
Season to taste with salt and pepper. This cold wild rice salad is tossed in an orange vinaigrette, with crisp celery and apples, crunchy pecans, and sweet cranberries. Wash and sort the lettuce and leave to drain. Lightly toast the cashews in a dry frying pan. Line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with the rice salad.