Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread).
You can cook Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread)
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3 of medium spotty bananas (or 2 large).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of – 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled.
- You need 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (or Bread) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a standard size muffin tin pan or line with parchment liners and set it aside..
- In a large bowl, whisk together both of the flours, the cocoa powder, the baking soda and the salt until well combined and set it aside..
- In a seperate large bowl, mash the bananas. Then whisk in the eggs, sugar (if your bananas are super brown and spotty, you can use only 1/2 cup. If they're still pretty yellow, use 3/4 cup), milk, vanilla and melted butter until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Then fold in the dark chocolate chips..
- Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared pan, filling all the way to the top. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Let them cool in the pan for 10 or so minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- For bread, pour the batter into a greased 9"x5" loaf pan, lined with a sheet of parchment paper hanging over each side. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 or so minutes, then lift it out of the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..