Stetson chopped salad. Reviews for: Photos of Stetson Chopped Salad. This recipe is from Cowboy Ciao in Scottsdale, AZ. The best salad I've ever tasted!
Known as a cowboy's salad, it begins with a base of couscous and arugula topped with corn kernels, cherry tomatoes. Stetson Chopped Salad recipe: Chopped salad with arugula, cous cous, trail mix, dried corn, and marinated tomatoes. Add your favorite meat or fish. You can have Stetson chopped salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stetson chopped salad
- You need 1 cup of Israeli couscous.
- It’s 1 cup of diced tomato (I use a quality heirloom) make a day ahead of time because it will be marinated.
- It’s 1/2 cup of freeze dried sweet corn (ordered on amazon).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of craisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of pepitas (toasted pumpkins seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated Asiago.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped arugula.
- Prepare 3-4 oz of quality chopped smoked salmon (substitute chicken if you do not like salmon).
- Prepare of Basil buttermilk ranch (see my recipe) I make the dressing for this 2 days ahead of time.
- Prepare of Avocado diced.
- You need 1/4 of Balsamic.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dried basil.
- You need 1/4 cup of Evo.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
This chopped salad recipe is packed with colorful vegetables and a variety of textures from whole grains, seeds and a creamy homemade dressing for a. Home recipes > Courses > salad > Cowboy Ciao Stetson Chopped Salad. Arrange salad ingredients in separate rows on a large platter. To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a.
Stetson chopped salad step by step
- The day before dice the tomatoes. Add the evo, balsamic, dried basil, salt and pepper and whisk well. Add the tomatoes and coat well then add to an air tonight container and store over night in the fridge. Do not drown the tomatoes but merely allow them to be coated well..
- Boil the couscous first. When couscous is done drain them of any excess water then rinse under cool water to remove some of the starch so they don’t stick together, set aside. Make sure you buy the pearls and not couscous mixed with rice, see picture below..
- Lay the arugula down first then divide the ingredients however you want between two bowls/plates of your choice and grate fresh Asiago on top followed by the dressing, mix well..
- I like to add the salad to a mixing bowl, add the dressing, grate the cheese, toss really well then add back to the plate or bowl and serve with garlic cheese bread..
The Stetson Chopped Salad might be the most famous dish in Phoenix. Now that Cowboy Ciao has closed, here are five places you can still get one. Inspired by Cowboy Ciao, Scottsdale, Arizona. Drizzle over the salad before serving. This is a great salad for dinner parties.