Irish soda bread. So you can have fresh bread any night!" What it tastes like. It's called Irish Soda Bread because it's made with baking soda instead of yeast. Quick and easy Irish soda bread recipe with flour, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, raisins, an egg, and a touch of sugar.
Irish Soda Bread is dense, yet soft and has the most incredible crusty exterior. Buttermilk and cold butter are the secret to its delicious success! The batter for this unadulterated soda bread features buttermilk for a special richness. "A good old fashioned soda bread with just the basic ingredients. You can have Irish soda bread using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Irish soda bread
- You need 4 cups of flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 2/3 cups of buttermilk.
Buttermilk gives this crusty loaf a good flavor. Soda bread is best eaten fresh and can be made at home. Traditional Irish Soda Bread is a dense and moist bread that requires no rising time and just four simple ingredients to make. This Irish Soda Bread is a delicious recipe that goes back many many.
Irish soda bread step by step
- In a large bowl combine flour, soda, and salt. Gradually stir in buttermilk until dough comes together in a slightly sticky ball..
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead gently a few times. Form the dough into a ball and press into a Dutch oven. Cut X in the dough with a sharp knife about 1/4 inch deep..
- Cover pan and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10 or more minutes, until crust is dark golden brown..
Information on the History and Preparation of Traditional Irish Soda Bread as created by our Sure, make the fancy desserts for St. Patrick's Day, but save a spot on the table for Irish soda bread to. This Irish Soda Bread is easy to make, crispy on the outside, and dense but still soft on the inside. Patrick's Day or any time of year! Have you ever had Irish Soda Bread?