Sour cream banana bread. Sour cream gives a tangy twist to this otherwise traditional banana bread recipe. This sour cream banana bread has a full teaspoon of baking soda…and it clearly results in darker speckles. I'm far from a chemist (my least favorite college class in.
Sour Cream Banana Bread at its best? And have you thought about making your own and serving it on an Epic Silver Dollar Pancake Board? Use overripe bananas on the counter to bake this classic banana bread recipe, which gives the best "banana" flavor! You can cook Sour cream banana bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sour cream banana bread
- Prepare 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter) butter softenened.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 cup of mashed bananas about 3.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- It’s 1 cup of walnuts chopped (optional).
That, and not over baking the bread, is. Banana Bread with Sour Cream and nuts is better than plain old banana bread. In fact, I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that this recipe is better than your favorite go-to banana walnut bread recipe. Combine the bananas, egg substitute, oil, sour cream and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
Sour cream banana bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9-inch loaf pan (or 3 small ones). Pan should be 3/4 full of batter..
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well..
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; combine with the butter mixture..
- Add the sour cream, bananas, and vanilla; stir well..
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 50-55 minutes..
- Cool for 10 minutes and then turn the loaf out onto a rack..
I am a banana bread connoisseur and this is one of the best recipes I have ever made! Make the best ever sour cream-banana bread! This Classic Sour Cream-Banana Bread is a moist and nutty treat that is sure to please the entire family. This particular banana bread was made with sour cream, which gives it so much moisture and a subtle tanginess that you'll love. I had bought some sour cream for some baked potatoes for a steak dinner one night and it wasn't used and I was happy it wasn't, so I could use it in this yummy banana bread.