You can have Farmer's Bread using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Farmer's Bread
- Prepare of The Spong.
- You need of (1) Cup floor.
- It’s of (1/8) tsp yeast.
- Prepare of (1) Cup water room temperature.
- You need of The Dough.
- Prepare of (2) Cups flour.
- You need of (1 1/2) tsp Salt.
- Prepare of (1/2) tsp yeast.
- Prepare of (1) Cup warm water.
- You need of (1/3) Cup room temperature milk.
Farmer's Bread step by step
- The night before making the bread, make the sponge. In a medium bowl add the flour, yeast and water. Stir until mixed well. Cover with Saran wrap, let sit at room temperature for 8-12 hours..
- After 8-12 hours. Make the dough. Mix all ingredients into the Spong mixture. With paddle attachment mix for 2-3 minutes. Remove paddle and attach the dough hook. Knead with dough hook about 15 minutes..
- Cover bowl and let rise untill doubled..
- Add a little oil to a clean counter top. Put dough ball on counter and knead about 5 minutes. Form back into a ball and place back into covered bowl. Let rise until doubled..
- Dump ball back onto counter. Knead dough, roll out on counter. Roll dough into an elongated loaf. Pinch together ends. Place loaf on baking stone or pan. Gently grease loaf with softened butter. Cover, let rise until doubled..
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Un cover loaf. With a sharp knife, make 3 diagonal slices about 1/4 inch deep..
- Place in preheated oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes..
- Remove from oven let sit 5 minutes then turn onto a wire cooling rack for 30 minutes..