Spoon Bread, Suppone or Suppawn..
You can have Spoon Bread, Suppone or Suppawn. using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spoon Bread, Suppone or Suppawn.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- You need 1-1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 cup of boiling beef broth.
- You need 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup.
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare As needed of butter for eating the bread.
Spoon Bread, Suppone or Suppawn. step by step
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the salt, cornmeal, and honey..
- Add the boiling broth, slowly with the melted butter. Don't let any lumps set. When blended well let cool about 5-7 minutes..
- When cooled add the buttermilk. Wisk till it's incorporated in..
- Beat the eggs, then add them to the cornmeal mixture. Wisk in the baking powder..
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan. Bake 35-45 minutes let it set. Get it golden brown..
- Spoon it out, serve with butter. I hope you enjoy!!.