Mallorca Bread. Mallorca Bread- Homemade Sweet Bread Rolls with very little kneading required. Soft, fluffy, buttery and damn delicious! The Perfect dinner or breakfast roll for entertaining.
Mallorca Bread- Homemade Sweet Bread Rolls with very little kneading required. Soft, fluffy, buttery and damn delicious! The breads are best freshly baked and toasted with lots of butter, or (my favorite) filled with thick slices of baked ham or jamon Serrano and some kind of cheese. You can cook Mallorca Bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mallorca Bread
- It’s 1 packet of dry yeast(1/4 oz).
- It’s 1/2 cup of lukewarm milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- It’s 8 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 sticks of butter+ 1 stick for brushing.
- You need 6 1/2 cup of bread flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Powder sugar.
So I'm in the process of the Mallorca. Arguably the best sobrasada is made with porc negre (black pig), a native breed to the island of Mallorca. Look out for the food-truck "La Pickup" who are also well known for rustling up shredded. This really is an easy, fun, and fast recipe, and you'll be amazed at how great the results are, even for the most inexperienced bread maker.
Mallorca Bread instructions
- In a large bowl combine eggs,sugar, melted butter and whisk until well combined.In another bowl pour in milk and water, sprinkle in yeast and let it seat for a minute..
- Add yeast mixture to egg mixture and whisk until well combined.In a separate bowl whisk together salt and flour..
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture one cup at a time until dough just come together.Turn out onto a floured work surface and knead until tacky..
- Transfer to a bowl and cover with a kitchen cloth and let it rise on the counter for 2 hours.The dough can also be refrigerated and rise overnight..
- Flour a clean work surface,turn dough out on a floured surface, sprinkle with flour.Tear the dough into 12 even pieces..
- Roll the dough pieces into 1/2 inch ropes.Shape the ropes into coiled buns,tucking the end under the bun.(as below but mine were not even).
- Preheat oven to 350°C.Place rolls in a pan loosely.Cover with kitchen towel and let it rise another 45 minutes.Using a pastry brush gently brush rolls with melted butter (mixed my butter with cinnamon for flavor)..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are just beginning to brown.Allow buns to cool,sift generously with powdered sugar or cocoa powder.Enjoy with coffee..
Europe > Iberia > Spain > Balearic Islands > Mallorca. This sweet pan mallorca recipe is adapted from Yvonne Ortiz' fine cookbook, A Taste of Puerto Rico, but you could make it savory as they do at La Bombonera by stuffing each roll with ham and cheese. Book now with BH Mallorca, Magaluf's most exciting hotel! Mallorca cheese (in Mallorquín formatge mallorquí) is a Spanish cheese made exclusively on the island of Mallorca, one of the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean Sea. It has Protected Designation of Origin and is made from the pasteurized milk of cows, goats and/or sheep which live on the island.