Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado).
You can cook Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado) using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado)
- It’s of Vegetables (ex:carrot,lettuce,bean sprout,tomato,cucumber etc).
- Prepare of Boiled potato.
- It’s of Rice cake (lontong).
- It’s of Hard boiled egg.
- Prepare of Fried tofu.
- Prepare of Fried tempeh.
- It’s of Tapioca crackers (krupuk).
- It’s of Peanut Sauce Dressing.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tbs of chili powder or paprika powder.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of tamarind paste or to taste.
- You need 100 gr of coconut sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Ground white pepper.
- It’s 150 gr of natural peanut butter (no salt/sugar added).
- Prepare 500 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 100 ml of water.
- It’s of Note :.
- You need of If you don't have peanut butter, use 200 gr ground fried peanut.
- It’s of If you don't have coconut sugar, use granulated sugar.
Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado) step by step
- Cut/slice the vegetables as you like. Set aside..
- Cut the remaining ingredients (potato, rice cake, egg, tofu, tempe) as you like..
- How to make Peanut Sauce Dressing : fry the garlic clove until golden brown..
- Put fried garlic, chili powder, peanut butter, coconut milk and water in the blender. Blend all together until smooth..
- Pour it into a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat..
- Add coconut sugar, salt and sugar..
- Stir until it bubbles. Add tamarind paste..
- Keep stirring it until it boils hard and looks oily. If it hasn't looked oily, keep stirring it and lower the heat down. Make sure to taste it and add sugar/salt/tamarind if needed..
- When the peanut sauce is ready, cool it down..
- How to serve : Put veggies and everything else, except the crackers, onto a serving plate. Drizzle the peanut sauce as much as you like 😊. Put the crackers on top. Enjoy. (The best way to eat it is to mix everything all together)..