Macaroni Potato Salad. Hawaiian Macaroni Potato Salad – A Hawaiian plate lunch special! Creamy macaroni salad with tender chunks of potato, sweet peas, and carrots mixed in. Authentic Potato Macaroni salad also known as "potato mac salad" is a popular side dish served in plate lunches all over the Hawaiian Islands.
My mom and grandma's macaroni and potato salads are family favorites and we have them a lot for summer get togethers. This is a combination of both recipes made into one and submitted for the. Macaroni and Potato Salad. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can cook Macaroni Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macaroni Potato Salad
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes.
- You need 2 of medium-sized cucumbers.
- Prepare 10 pieces of lunchmeat ham.
- Prepare 3 of hard-boiled eggs (optional).
- Prepare 2 tsp of whole milk.
- You need of Desired amount of salt.
- It’s of Desired amount of pepper.
- Prepare 1 bag of macaroni (200 grams/7 oz).
- You need 1/8 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need of Desired amount chopped black olives (optional).
Macaroni Potato Salad is a very popular recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Macaroni Potato Salad by following this easy recipe. Transfer the macaroni and potato salad to a serving dish, sprinkle the top with the remaining bacon, and serve immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Here's the deal, guys, i'm so serious about this one.
Macaroni Potato Salad step by step
- In a medium-sized pot, boil water. Next, wash, peel and cube the potatoes. Once the water is close to a boil, add the potatoes in and cook until soft..
- In a separate pot, cook the macaroni according to package..
- Next, thinly sliced the cucumbers. Dump the sliced cucumbers into a bowl full of salt water and let it soak. (To make the salt water add 1 tsp of salt to the water.).
- Slice the ham into your desired shape and thickness; set aside..
- Once the potatoes are soft, drain and pour inside a large bowl. Mash the potatoes until crumbly. Gradually add in the milk and continue to mash. Then, add the mayonnaise and mix well..
- When the macaroni is done, rinse for 2 min under cold water; tossing occasionally then set aside..
- Let the potatoes cool for about 5-8 minutes, then add in the ham, cucumbers, and noodles at separate times to make combining everything evenly. Add your desired amount of salt and pepper..
- So tasty! Check out my recipe for fried chicken that will pair perfectly with this amazing potato salad!.
It's a sweet and tangy, totally irresistible sauce drizzled all over this mashup of a salad that. Transfer macaroni-and-potato salad to a serving dish, sprinkle top with remaining bacon, and serve immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Macaroni salad is a type of pasta salad, served cold made with cooked elbow macaroni and usually prepared with mayonnaise. Much like potato salad or coleslaw in its use, it is often served as a side dish to barbecue, fried chicken, or other picnic style dishes. This potato salad recipe with egg pairs perfectly with any grill, barbeque or potluck entrée, making this our go-to side dish for any warm weather get-together.