Turkish Red Cabbage Salad.
You can have Turkish Red Cabbage Salad using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkish Red Cabbage Salad
- Prepare of For the salad:.
- You need 1/2 of small red cabbage, cored and very finely sliced.
- You need 1 of large tomato, chopped into small cubes.
- You need 1/4 of cucumber, a couple of strips shaved with a veg peeler, then quartered lengthways and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of small carrot, coarsley grated.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, peeled, halved and finely sliced.
- It’s 1 of small bunch parsley, half finely chopped and the other half roughly chopped.
- You need of For the dressing:.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of red wine vinegar (add 2, then taste to see if it needs a little more.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried mint.
- It’s of Good pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tsp sumac.
Turkish Red Cabbage Salad instructions
- In a small jug, stir all the dressing ingredients together (except for the sumac) and leave to one side..
- In a large bowl or plate, pile up the sliced red cabbage and using your hands, mix in some of the finely chopped parsley..
- In a separate bowl, gently mix together the carrot, tomatoes, onion and cucumber. Then add this to the top of the red cabbage pile..
- Pour over the dressing (mainly around the red cabbage) and a little over the top. Refrigerate for an hour before serving..
- To serve, sprinkle the salad with the sumac and the roughly chopped parsley..
- Add some additional cucumber slices and lemon quarters for decoration (optional)..