Granny's monkey bread recipe. Granny's Monkey Bread is a sweet, gooey, sinful cinnamon sugar treat that will be loved by young and old alike. Homemade monkey bread combines several tiny balls of dough coated in butter, cinnamon, and sugar. It's basically a giant bundt pan of gooey cinnamon rolls!
One of the better Monkey Bread recipes out there, IMO. For those who want to rate it low or pan it with bad reviews because it's sweet or has too much fat for them, bug off! Basically a pull-apart bread, monkey-style breads are an ideal way to use refrigerated flaky biscuits. You can cook Granny's monkey bread recipe using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Granny's monkey bread recipe
- You need 24 ounces of buttermilk biscuits I used three 8-ounce packages.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cinnamon or you can use pumpkin pie spice.
- It’s 1 c of butter.
- You need 1/2 c of brown sugar.
Work quickly with the refrigerated dough, because it will More About This Recipe. Ever wonder how monkey bread was named? There are several theories, including one that says the loaf resembles. An easy homemade Monkey Bread recipe with no rising or yeast required.
Granny's monkey bread recipe step by step
- Prepare Bundt pan by heavily greasing with butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each biscuit into four equal bite-sized pieces..
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a bowl or plastic bag. Drop roll the pieces of dough in the sugar cinnamon mixture and gently arrange them into the prepared Bundt pan..
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1/2 cup of the remaining sugar cinnamon mixture (discard remaining or use for another recipe) with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter..
- Bring mixture just to a boil and then immediately remove from heat. Stir until sugars have fully dissolved..
- Carefully drizzle the mixture over the rolled dough balls in the Bundt pan..
- Bake in center of preheated oven for 30 minutes..
- Allow pan to rest for about 5 minutes, then cover with a large plate and invert. To eat, pull desired amount off with your fingers and enjoy the gooey sweet sinful treat..
You're going to love this classic favorite remade entirely from scratch! A lot of homemade monkey bread versions use yeast to make the dough, but considering the OG Monkey Bread recipe is made with biscuit dough (which. We love making healthy food fun, simple, and delicious! With recipes, strategies, tips, and more! Monkey bread is just about the easiest thing ever to make, but oh so good.