Bread Ends Croutons. Don't throw away those bread ends and crusts your kids won't eat! Freeze them and make homemade croutons! It's a kid favorite at my house and it's free!
It's easy to make with any kind of leftover bread, and the perfect topping for salad, soup and more. It's easy to make homemade croutons for your soup or salad with day-old bread. Don't know how to make croutons? You can have Bread Ends Croutons using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bread Ends Croutons
- Prepare 4 cups of bread ends, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
You can make the best part of any salad at home. You know when you were a kid and you'd pick out and eat all the croutons from your salad? Croutons made at home with fresh bread are a thousand times better than storebought, and they're incredibly simple to make! How to Make Croutons: Start by cutting your bread of choice into cubes To make croutons, all you need is some bread, oil and seasoning.
Bread Ends Croutons step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the bread ends with olive oil. Then, mix in all the other ingredients and toss..
- Air fry at 380F (190C) for 8-10 minutes until the bread ends are crisp and golden brown..
Can't I just buy them in a cellophane bag at the grocery store? Read on for our simple instructions on how to make three variations on the crouton: the cube, the slice, and. Pour olive oil over the bread with a couple pinches of salt. A crouton /ˈkruːtɒn/, colloquially referred to as a "crout," is a piece of sautéed or rebaked bread, often cubed and seasoned, that is used to add texture and flavor to salads—notably the Caesar salad—as an accompaniment to soups and stews, or eaten as a snack food. I want to make croutons for a salad tonight, and all I have is regular sliced white loaf bread.