Saffron Bread and Rolls.
You can cook Saffron Bread and Rolls using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Saffron Bread and Rolls
- Prepare of Saffron infusion.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of saffron threads.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dry yeast.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of peanut oil.
- You need of Flour.
- You need 5 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s As needed of extra virgin olive oil for coating dough.
- You need As needed of extra virgin olive oil greasing the pans.
- Prepare of Finishing.
- It’s As needed of butter.
- Prepare As needed of kosher salt.
Saffron Bread and Rolls instructions
- Measure out the saffron threads. Add threads and sugar to the water and turn on the heat. When the bubbles start to form cover and turn off the heat. Allow to steep..
- When it cools enough to touch add the salt and oil. Stir and add the yeast and allow to bloom, forth..
- Mix the salt and flour make a crater and pour the yeast mixture into the flour. Mix the ingredients and knead about 10-12 times..
- Form a ball and coat with olive oil. Allow to rise for an hour in a warm place covered. Punch it out to deflate just a bit. Then let rise a second time..
- Preheat oven 350° Fahrenheit. Grease the pans with extra virgin olive oil. Form into rolls the remainder goes into a loaf..
- Bake 45 minutes..
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with kosher salt. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
- StephieCanCook let me know I forgot to list how much yeast so I was able to correct!!! Thank you so very much for helping me on this!!!!.